Tuesday 10 August 2010

back to reality

Well, I am back from my holiday-had an amazing time in Turkey-lovely weather, food, swimming, new friends and...my 4 year old daughter learnt to swim without floats, so I am a very proud mummy!!
I bought a magazine called 'sew' to read on holiday-quite enjoyable and lots of interesting websites for me to look up now i am at home, but the price was extortionate (£5.99!!!). so, can anyone recommend any similar magazines that may be a touch cheaper?
I havent been able to gain the energy to do any sewing today, but I will definitely be back at the sewing machine tomorrow-I have missed it! (does that make me sad?!)
That's all for now. Would appreciate any advice/help to make my blog more exciting!!!
Bek x

3 comments:

  1. Craft magazines are so expensive aren't they!?!

    Missing sewing certainly does not make you sad! (if it does, we can both be sad together!)

    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least other crafters/makers understand!!! My husband thinks i am 'addicted to sewing'!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm addicted to patterns. I love to "look" at them and dream. Don't seem to get to much sewn anymore. Every once in a while I have to purge my patterns so I can fit in others.

    I tend to do mostly baby quilts anymore. I piece the tops and then add fleece to the back so I don't have to do the batting, etc. It saves on the cost and it's nice and warm and cushiony for the baby (or yourself LOL).

    Tina "The book Lady"
    I'm following you now - love your blog!

    ReplyDelete